Pledge for “The Moment of Calm” #[email protected]
Religion World Supports THE MOMENT of CALM : In 2016, over 18.2 million people participated from across the globe, including Morocco, UAE, UK, Spain, USA, India, Singapore, South America, South Africa, China and Taiwan.
Here is a chance to make this world more peaceful again. On 2nd August, at 2pm you can pledge THE MOMENT of CALM
The Moment of Calm is a simple concept that addresses an urgent need in our world – that of love and peace. We believe that there can be no world peace without peace in the heart. Anyone can participate in this global initiative by simply observing 2 minutes of silence on August 2 at 2pm to forgive and seek forgiveness. This act, when collectively done, can raise world consciousness and engulf humanity in a wave of love and peace.
In 2016, over 18.2 million people participated from across the globe, including Morocco, UAE, UK, Spain, USA, India, Singapore, South America, South Africa, China and Taiwan. The Moment of Calm has received tremendous support and enthusiasm from people from all walks of life. COME … Let us join this growing force of peace.
The Moment of Calm marks the birth time of an Apostle of love and peace – Rev. Dada J.P. Vaswani, Spiritual Head of Sadhu Vaswani Mission. He affirms, “Forgiveness creates peace in the mind, which in turn ensures a well–balanced body.”
Actor Boman Irani for MOMENT of CALM :
Must Read Special Report : India’s Most Beloved & HUMBLE Saint’s is taking 99th Step….
Benefits of THE MOMENT of CALM
Steps To Forgive
- A beautiful young girl working in a reputed organization would find it difficult to wake up in the morning to go to work. The work environment in the office was not congenial. She would be rebuked and ill treated for minor issues and for things for which she was not responsible. The situation was unbearable. Tension started building up within her.
- She applied for a position in another department. A colleague played politics and got the position for which she was more qualified. This she was never able to forget. The atmosphere at home was not a pleasant one too. She had lost her father. Her mother was going through a depression. She didn’t have anyone to look up to. She wanted to help her mother but she was so affected by her own state of mind, her negativity, feelings of bitterness and revenge for her colleagues that she did not have the strength to do so. She was slowly losing control of her life.
- “It is better I end my life now, everyone hates me so much”, she thought to herself. She was on the verge of committing suicide as she could take it no more. She happened to attend a Moment of Calm youth event where she witnessed a theatrical performance based on forgiveness. Her heart was touched. She thought, “Why not give it a try?” She made a firm resolve to stop blaming others for her problems and decided to forgive her colleague for backstabbing her. Slowly she let go of her negative feelings for her colleague and her heart was filled with peace.
- One young woman, who volunteered to help with the program, described how, as a single mother of an only child, she was always irritable and impatient. At the least provocation she would smack her son. But when she went into silence for the Moment of Calm, it suddenly struck her that she was being very harsh with her child. Instead she needed to forgive him for his mistakes and mischief and also treat him with love. With tear-filled eyes she made a new resolve. That evening she went down on her knees, hugged her son and said, “Please forgive me, I have been so hard on you. I realize now how wrong that was of me.” From that day she has never raised her hand on him and peace reigns in her heart and home.
- The Moment of Calm volunteers were campaigning in Garuda Mall, Bangalore. A depressed young man, an emcee by profession, happened to enter the mall during that time. He inquired about what was happening. After the concept of forgiveness was explained to him, he related that he had just been cheated off a lot of money by his girlfriend who had left him. He looked extremely depressed and heartbroken. “I want to end my life,” he said. The volunteers realizing the seriousness of the situation started talking to him. They requested him to make an announcement in the mall regarding the campaign. He readily agreed to do so. As making the announcement, he went a step further. He told the volunteers, that he was willing to forgive his girlfriend. The volunteers made him say, “I forgive you ABC (his girlfriend’s name) three times.”Immediately he felt lighter, as though a huge burden was lifted from his heart. He was awed by the timing of the event. It was exactly when he needed it. He left the mall feeling happier realizing that – Providence had changed his destiny.
- A little girl writes a note to her mother, “I forgive you mamma for not wanting me. I know you wanted a son but I will be the best daughter I can.”
2016 Moment of Calm Report
Over 18.2 million pledge to forgive at The Moment of Calm
“It was like a euphoric moment for my heart!” says a Nurse from J.J. Hospital, Mumbai
In a town in Texas, USA, amidst the afternoon’s sweltering heat, a crowd gathered to attend a function held for it by the organizers ‘Infinite Love’. At the Great Wall of China, a Chinese and an Australian made a promise to participate in it from wherever they are. In parts of Africa, including Accra, Ghana, Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania and Casablanca, Morocco, factory and office workers geared up to observe it even before it arrived.
The Moment of Calm 2016 was a tremendous success. Young and old, rich and poor, students and teachers, hospital nurses and administrative staff, management and workforce all participated in this momentous moment.
At the global headquarters in Pune, on August 2nd 2016, Rev. Dada J.P. Vaswani said in his talk, “The greatest benefit of forgiveness is it gives you peace of mind. Your richest treasure is your peace of mind. If you have everything in the world but no peace, you are a pauper.”
Rev. Dada then led the congregation in a forgiveness meditation. In other areas, people watched the LIVE webcast to join in the forgiveness session with Dada.
After the session, a young lady, Rashmi Motwani, commented, “Participating in the Moment of Calm was a very relaxing experience – all the negativity had gone out of my mind. It was truly a feeling of satisfaction. I felt that I turned into a better person than I was a few minutes back.”
This year, a resounding number of 18,214,128 (Eighteen million, two hundred & fourteen thousand one hundred twenty eight) forgiveness pledges were received from across the globe, including Morocco, UAE, UK, Spain, USA, India, Hong Kong, Singapore, South America, South Africa, China and Taiwan. Singapore, South America, South Africa, China and Taiwan.
Many lives were positively impacted, many relationships restored and many individuals were empowered for the better, The Director of a reputed educational institute narrated how he felt happy when he forgave a colleague who had filed a false complaint to the police against him. The Director had suffered due to the false charges. When years later his colleague approached him for his daughter’s much needed admission in his college, the Director felt angry, but then he remembered the Moment of Calm message he had just received in his e-mail. Inspired by the message, he forgave his colleague and granted the much needed admission. The two became friends again.
One young athlete forgave his friend for taking his lawn tennis racket on the day of his tournament and erased the pain he was holding on to. A middle-aged lady enthusiastically remarked, “My blood pressure has vanished and my headaches are gone now. Thanks to the Moment of Calm.” A Patron Nurse from J.J. Hospital in Mumbai said, “The Moment of Calm really gives peace to many hearts. There is a universal need to forgive. From my own experience, I really felt relaxed and calm. It was like a euphoric moment for my heart.”
The Moment of Calm has also gained the support of many international organizations like Unify, Peace Within is World Peace, All World Gayatri Pariwar, Indian Development Foundation, Infinite Love, Worldwide Forgiveness Alliance and many more.
This year the cast of Bal Veer has also joined the growing number of celebrities who support this movement. Actress Anushka Sen of Bal Veer exclaims, “I strongly believe in the values of forgiveness and love. When you forgive, you stand tall. Forgive one, forgive all!” Bollywood Celebrity Aamir Khan continues to support this initiative declaring, “The power of forgiveness can bring peace to the world.” The campaign also had a big impact on social media. Throughout the week, inspirational quotes, practical exercises and unique mantras are posted on the Moment of Calm Facebook site. A Facebook user writes, “Thank you Moment of Calm Team for sending such wonderful, practical exercises. I request you to kindly send these reminder capsules often to enrich our lives.”
The Moment of Calm is all about that feeling of lightness, that feeling of joy, that feeling of peace that everyone is craving for.
Rev. Dada J.P. Vaswani’s birthday events: 29July – 2Aug, 2017